Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 (HCSB)
The common thread in the spread of the gospel is prayer. Therefore, as a church, we are inviting you to join with us in praying specifically for the ministries and needs God has laid before us. Join us as we pray for the needs of our community…for the persecuted church and unreached people groups of the world…for the missionaries serving around the world…and our own church’s involvement in the Great Commission.
We embrace Paul’s admonition to the Thessalonians to “pray without ceasing.” For that reason, we encourage our members to pray individually, to pray in small groups and to pray corporately in worship. We celebrate the power of all sincere, God directed prayer. Whether it is in spontaneous response to an immediate need, a planned prayer event or part of a programmed discipline of prayer and praise…sincere prayer is powerful and effectual.
- SMALL GROUP PRAYER LEADERS lead the prayer ministry of our small groups. They will record, follow-up and, when appropriate, share the small group prayer requests with the church at large through our prayer net ministry to be sure that they are being prayed for by the entire family.
- THE PRAYER NET MINISTRY is a way for quickly sharing prayer needs and updates via the internet and to call our members to individual prayer wherever they may be.
- THE TUESDAY MORNING PRAYER GROUP is an open prayer group each Tuesday morning at 6:30 am at the West Rogers Campus.
- PRE-SERVICE PRAYER: The sanctuary is open each Sunday by 7:30 am and several of our members come to prayer walk the sanctuary in preparation for our worship service.
- PRAYER FOCUSES: We will often set aside times during our worship services and in specially called prayer services to pray specifically for issues, events or individuals who may be in immediate need of prayer support by the church family.
- THE CHURCH NEWSLETTER that is emailed out each week can serve as a great prayer guide as it is a reminder of the current ministries of our church that must be bathed in prayer to be successful.
- UNREACHED PEOPLE GROUPS, THE PERSECUTED CHURCH AND OUR MISSIONARIES are always at the top of our small group and church prayer lists. Many of our SBC publications will publish the names and needs of those serving on the various mission fields.
- THE LOST OF OUR COMMUNITY is a never-ending need as well as the NEED FOR LABORERS to take the Gospel to them.
- STAFF / LEADERSHIP, whether it is our local church staff and civic leaders, or our national leadership, they are always standing in need of prayer. We are commanded in scripture to pray for those in leadership.
“Prayer is not overcoming God’s reluctance, but laying hold of His willingness.”~ Martin Luther.